The Friends of the River Frome is a group of people who feel passionately about the state of the Somerset River Frome and its surroundings.
Our activities include
- the strictly practical (working parties)
- the necessary (finding grants to do work on steep banks)
- the forward-looking (negotiating development of the river's environment with all the interested parties)
- and the more leisurely (outings)
This website will tell you more about the Friends, who we are, what we do, the variety of activities for you and how you can join us.
In short, if you care for the River Frome, then Friends of the River Frome is for you!
- Sue and DorothyAnne on FromeFM
- You can listen to the environmental expert, Sue Everett walking upstream along the river with Dorothy-Anne. It will go out live on FromeFM 96.6 at 4pm on 12th April. For further information follow this link. (26/03/14)
- Young dads contribute greatly
- On 1 March several young dads and their small children did a litter sweep of our Frome River and Paths Walk available in the library. Ten more older persons worked along the river from the Cheese and Grain. Between us we made a huge pile of black bags to be taken away. (24/03/14)
- Talk by local environmentalist at our AGM 11th Feb
- Everyone is cordially invited to our AGM 7:30pm 11th February 2014 at Frome Canoe Club (by the Cheese Grain). We are pleased that Sue Everett, professional environmental consultant and maker of wild flower meadows will be giving a talk 'Meadows and landscapes - a river runs through them' highlighting the delights and problems of land use. We shall also be giving an update of the group's activities last year and this, along with election of officers (but don't let that put you off, we are all happy to be re-elected!). Come and show your support! (04/02/14)
- Rodden Meadow and Missing Link
- Plans for these projects are going ahead.There will be a Missing Link work party on 11 January (08/01/14)