The Friends of the River Frome is a group of people who feel passionately about the state of the Somerset River Frome and its surroundings.
Our activities include
- the strictly practical (working parties)
- the necessary (finding grants to do work on steep banks)
- the forward-looking (negotiating development of the river's environment with all the interested parties)
- and the more leisurely (outings)
This website will tell you more about the Friends, who we are, what we do, the variety of activities for you and how you can join us.
In short, if you care for the River Frome, then Friends of the River Frome is for you!
- 2017 AGM
- Our AGM will be on Tuesday 6th February, in the Canoe Club. We are planning to give you the background to the Stream Clean Team's work in the Dippy. Watch this space for more news. (21Oct)
- Litter Picking 2017
- Our litter-picking season is over for this year. Thanks to all of you who have come along on a Saturday morning to help, and we hope to see you when we restart in the new year. In the light of recent reports about the quantities of plastic found in our oceans, and the damage done to wildlife, just picking up a plastic bottle really does do something to save the planet. (21Oct)
- Why Trout? A talk on Nonendangered Species Conservation
- You are cordially invited to a talk by MIKE BLACKMORE Conservation Officer for the Wild Trout Trust on Tuesday 7th FEBRUARY 7:30pm THE CANOE CLUB, MARKET YARD CAR PARK BA11 1BE. Mike is an extremely experienced conservation professional and an engaging speaker who has managed many fish improvement projects including the project completed last year working with Friends of the River Frome, Frome Town Council and Frome Angling Club to improve fish habitat. If you care about your local river environment then come and find out what makes a thriving river and how Friends of the River Frome have been working to improve it. NOT TO BE MISSED - ALL WELCOME FREE REFRESHMENTS! (26Jan)