The Friends of the River Frome is a group of people who feel passionately about the state of the Somerset River Frome and its surroundings.
Our activities include
- the strictly practical (working parties)
- the necessary (finding grants to do work on steep banks)
- the forward-looking (negotiating development of the river's environment with all the interested parties)
- and the more leisurely (outings)
This website will tell you more about the Friends, who we are, what we do, the variety of activities for you and how you can join us.
In short, if you care for the River Frome, then Friends of the River Frome is for you!
- Fun way to prevent pollution Saturday 24 March
- Join Frome Recreation and Open Ground Supporters at 3pm outside the library. We will be painting a yellowish symbol on storm drains to draw attention to the dangers to the river from pollution. (16Mar)
- Cancelled Litterpick
- Litterpick on March 3rd is cancelled due to weather conditions. We hope to see you in April. (2Mar)
- 2018 AGM, 7.30pm, Tuesday 6th February at Frome Canoe Club
Our guest speaker this year will be Zoe Hancock, who is the Catchment Coordinator for the Bristol Avon Catchment Partnership. The partnership comprises a range of organisations, groups and authorities dedicated to improving the water environment, and providing wider benefits for people and nature: The Catchment-Based Approach.
Free refreshments will be provided.(17Jan)